The Vaude Brenta 40 liter pack is a great pack for 1-3 day overnight trips. I have used this as a daypack too but for most day hikes its just too big. The pack has many built in features like a zipper that let’s you access the main compartment. Built in rain cover that stows away in its own pocket and great designs from the F.L.A.S.H should strap system to the Aerolex Easy Adjust Suspension System. The only cons i would say are the hip belt pockets. They are just too small. Here is a list of the many great features of this pack:
- Ventilated Shoulder Straps
- Padded Hip Belt w/ one side pocket (very small)
- Zippered pocket on the lid
- Additional zippered pocket on the inside of the lid
- Main compartment can be accessed from the front zipper
- Large front stretchy pocket
- 2 Side stretchy pockets for water bottles
- 2 Trekking pole attachment points
- Side Compression Straps
- Top compression strap
- Hydration bladder compatible with exit port
- Sternum strap with bladder hose clip
- Integrated and detachable rain cover that stows away out of site in its own pocket
The Aeroflex suspension system allows cool air to circulate at your back (almost like a trampoline); the straps and hip wings offer a very good microclimate thanks to perforated foam. The Easy Adjust System allows adjustment of the mesh tension for best adaption to the conditions and/or the weight of your gear. The shoulder straps can be individually adjusted with FLASH to your torso size. Additional front access to the main compartment, the three stretch external pockets and attachment options for trekking poles or ice tools are practical on tour. Green Shape is your VAUDE guarantee for eco-friendly products – made from sustainable materials and resource-conserving production.
All in all though…Comfortable pack for 1-3 night trips. I could stretch it to 4-5 night with the right gear.