After a long day on the trail there nothing better than taking your boots off and sitting down to rest. The Travel Chair Joey is a great way to achieve this while not adding a terrible amount of weight to your pack. The chair features a shock corded system tied to aluminum poles that snap together easily to make setup fast and effortless.
The poles all sit into reinforced pockets that hold it all together nicely and increases the strength of the entire chair enough to support up to 300lb. Because of the shock cordage and the nylon being completely intact the odds of loosing any pieces are pretty much impossible.
The Joey collapses down really small and compact and sits in a very nice color coded zippered bag for traveling. It will also protect your chair from outside damage too.
All in all the Joey seems really solid after a few month of camping and abuse and hasn’t let me down yet. It’s almost light enough for me to backpacking with but I am having a hard time justifying the extra 1.9 lb. in my pack but who knows.
The TravelChair is very comfortable and and breathes really well due to its mesh panels on the back and sides by your upper thighs.
The Joey has lasted me for over 2 years and is still in great condition and built way better and it way more comfortable than any of the crappy Walmart chairs that Iv’e come across.
Here are some specs:
- Weighs under 2 pounds
- Drawn aluminum tubing, closed cell, split cushion
- Highest and largest seat in its class
- Folds down to the size of a California burrito
- Style: Joey
- Model: 7789
- Color options: Black, red, jade, citrus
- Weight capacity: 300 pounds
- Case: Includes storage case
- Care instructions: Spot clean
- Materials: Aluminium, nylon
- Seat dimensions: 16 inches high x 21 inches wide x 21 inches deep
- Dimensions: 28 inches high x 21 inches wide x 21 inches deep