Talk about quality and comfort. The Mountainsmith Mystic 65L delivers on all levels! 65 liters of room in this pack with their Breezeway suspension and an arsenal of features. The Illiac crest shelf waist belt positions and locks on the hips better than any other pack Ive used. 5lb 2oz is a little heavy but the pack makes up for it with extreme comfort.
Their “one size fits most” is a great design too. You can adjust this pack to accommodate torso lengths of 17″ to 22″
The body of the pack is constructed of 210D #Duramax RipStop Nyon. It is hydration compatible with its own sleeve and hanger but a hydration bladder is not included in the purchase price. This pack is stout weighing in a 5lb. 2oz. and capable of carrying heavy loads up to 55 pounds!
The pack is top loading with a storm collar for increased capacity and here are some more of the features built in:
- Perforated Air-Flow shoulder straps
- 3 Point adjustment “ladder” for adjusting the pack to a small, medium or large torso
- Breezeway suspension system
- Lumbar Control Point Pad
- ICS Cup Hip-belt
- Diamond Air Mesh foam back panel with DWR treatment
- Contoured PE frame-sheet with spring steel hoop for increased load support
- Delta Wing compression waistbelt
- Side pockets on hip-belt
All in all this pack is one of the best on the market and you should get it if you’re looking for a multi-day backpack built for the long hikes and heavy loads.