Ok, So Kali Protectives has been making protective gear for a while. This helmet called the Amara gets its name from the Sanskrit word for immortal. Talk about a perfect name for a helmet. Pretty cool right! This is a California company and these guys make everything from knee and shin guards, chest protectors, elbow pads, clothing and helmets for bicycles, motorcycles and snow also!
Ive been using this helmet for a while now and love how light it is.
There are so many great features with this helmet. It has 17 vents for ultimate airflow on those hot days. It has a built it bug net to keep those pesky bees from flying into your helmet when your bombing down a single track.
Some key features
- Ultra lightweight Polycarbonate Shell
- Low density EPS foam for impact absorption
- Integrated Airflow System with 17 Vents
- Expanded rear coverage design
- Breakaway visor
- Integrated Camera Mount for perfect filming (Cam version) or headlight
- Safety compliance: EN 1078 or CPSC
Here is a picture of all the different color options Kali Protectives offers.