These boots (if you can call them boots) are very light and feel more like sneakers when laced on. These boots are very comfortable and guaranteed waterproof from Go Lite. My feet felt great after long days on the trail with no hotspots or blisters at all. The outsoles on GoLite boots are soft so hiking in these kind of feels like hiking with marshmallows on your feet but I did feel stable and never once did I slip or feel unsure of my footing.
Here are some of the features of this waterproof fastpacker boot:
- Waterproof construction with nubuck and synthetic upper
- TPE overlays and toe rand for added durability against rocks and debris on and off trail
- Soft Against The Ground Technology absorbs shock and impacts
- Gusseted tongue keeps out rocks, sticks and debris
- Removable EVA-cushioned footbed
- Precise fit inserts for a customized fit for the insole for wide, narrow or medium sized feet
- Cushioning EVA midsole
- All terrain traction rubber outsole
I will be doing a follow up review on them and testing them in some water. The total weight of these boots is 2lb. 2oz. per pair
Here is my follow up review on the Timberlite fastpacker boots from GoLite. Here I am at Najoqui Falls on the central coast of California and I am seeing if my feet stay dry or not. The boots failed and my feet got wet! I did contact GoLite (before they went out of business) and they did make it right in ALL manners of customer service I was very well taken care of. I cannot wait until GoLite makes it’s comeback here soon!