Full moon hikes to Gaviota Peak. We will meet at the parking lot about 2 hours before sundown. You have to see the sunset from the top! It's breathtaking. We will get everyone together for a nice group photo and have a short meet and greet before we get going. Shortly after that we hike! and hike! The peak is 3 miles from the parking lot trail head. This hike is not for people who are out of shape and can be challenging as the hike goes uphill for 3 miles! Don't forget you still have to hike back down another 3 miles.
You will need certain items with you for this hike and the list will vary depending on what time of year the hike is. Here is a short mandatory list of what is needed for your hike.
- Backpack (small daypack but big enough to carry your gear, food and water)
- Good lugged hiking boots or trail shoes with good traction (no sandals or flip flops)
- Flashlight or headlight and extra batteries.
- Water (camelbak works best but small water bottles are great too if you don't have one)
- Snacks (energy bars, trail mix)
- Light jacket in Summer and warmer jacket in Winter (preferably a soft-shell windproof jacket) and insulating layer as it gets cold at the peak with the wind blowing.
- Camera (for posterity and bragging rights)
- Food and drink to share at the peak! (Bottle of wine and crackers/cheese makes a nice community snack)
The price for this hike is $15 per hiker and the hike will be lead by me. Please see below for direct pay through Paypal for quick and secure payment.